- Protects up to 3 acres (1.2 hectare)
- Includes 2 external speakers
- Sound chips easily replaced in the field
Bird Gard Pro Plus features two high power amplifiers and two external speakers for crystal-clear digital output. The solid-state electronics are mounted inside a NEMA rated control box that is suitable for most any weather condition. The Bird Gard Pro Plus is fully programmable, with adjustments for volume, specific sound combinations, daylight, night, or 24-hour operation. Every six seconds a randomly selected sound is broadcast at a randomly selected frequency out of a randomly selected speaker. It sounds like there are many different birds in distress spread throughout the protected area. Also included are four different random features that vary the sound, the sound duration, length of time between sounds and the sound location so birds don't get accustomed to the sound pattern.
The sound chip is located on the face plate so it can be easily changed in the field for protection against a greater variety of birds. Please click here for help in identifying the birds causing you problems. The controller electronically modulates calls so it sounds like different injured birds of the same species.
The control unit mounts easily to a post or pole using the included mounting hardware and bracket, and features two built-in amplifiers for high-volume, crystal-clear digital sound output. The two weatherproof speakers with cable allow many diverse sound coverage patterns, including long narrow applications. Each speaker effectively covers a cone shaped area approximately 300 x 200 feet (91.4 x 61.5 meters).
- Fruit Trees
- Small Farms
- Fish Farms
- Residential Yards
- Stores and Shops
- Decks of Ships
- Boats and Yachts
- Small Marinas
- Generating unit with (2) built-in amplifiers
- (2) external speakers (each with 100 feet [30 meters] of cable)
- Weather-resistant NEMA-rated enclosure
- User replaceable sound chip with 8 sounds
- Mounting bracket
- Power adapter with 50 feet (15 meters) of cable
- Battery cables with clips
- 15-watt Solar panel to keep your battery continuously charged
- External speaker for greater flexibility in extending protection around obstacles, irregular crop configurations and in structures such as barns and marinas. (The optional external speaker DOES NOT increase total coverage area)
- The Pro Plus is pre-set on DAY, SHORT, RANDOM - all that is required is that the speakers and power are connected and the unit turned ON
- Once the Bird Gard Pro Plus is up and running, it can provide 24-hour protection
- A light sensor operates the unit during daylight or night time or both
- The battery must never be allowed to die.
- A deep cycle battery in excess of 100 amps is recommended
Solar Panel (Optional)
- Solar panel eliminates the need to periodically recharge the 12-volt battery
- Solid-State design requires no maintenance
An occasional spray with electrical contact cleaner over the connection points and switches will ensure years of trouble free use.
In the off-season the system should be stored in an insect proof container (e.g. a taped up box) to ensure that insects, ants or wasps don't build nests inside the control box or speakers as this may render the system inoperable.
- Shipping Box Dimensions: 12 x 10 x 10 inches (30.5 x 25.4 x 25.4 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 7 lb. 10 oz. (3.5 kg)
- Frequency: Range 2,000 - 10,000 Hz
- Power Input: 12VDC (1 AMP)
- Power Adapter: 110/220VAC
- Sound Output: 105-110dB @ 1 meter
- Output Pattern: Cone shaped
- Output Coverage (Each Speaker): Approximately 300 x 200 feet (91.4 x 61.5 meters)
- UL/CUL/CE Listed: EPA Establishment Number 075130-OR-001
If you are not completely satisfied with the operation, quality or results of using ANY Bird Gard product, simply return the product to the place of purchase within 1 year for a prompt refund of your purchase price.